South Africa Outsourcing Scorecard
South Africa: a rising outsourcing option, though its telecom and business processes are less mature than other countries.
Sat, July 15, 2006
CIO — A guide to outsourcing in South Africa.
- Overall Ranking: Challenging
- Average 2nd Year Programmer Salary: $10,000 to $15,000
- Geopolitical Risk: Moderate
- English Proficency: Very Good
- Pros: Has attracted high-profile clients for call center outsourcing. Good English proficiency. Time zone compatibility and cultural affinity with Western Europe.
- Cons: High costs (particularly telecom) and low process maturity relative to other offshore destinations. High crime rate.