With 62 percent of companies planning to implement BYOD policies this year, IT’s new reality is unavoidably to manage desktops on a wide range of devices. Add to that the fact that business priorities are ever more focused on minimizing cost and maximizing growth, and it’s no surprise that IT leaders are looking to fully integrated, highly efficient mobility solution, like VMware Horizon Suite (which brings together Horizon View, Mirage, and Workspace).
The Horizon View virtualized platform has been shown to reduce total cost of ownership (TCO) by up to 50 percent over traditional desktops, while also allowing the expansion of VDI to new use cases, accelerating time-to-value.
Through application layering and virtualization, Horizon Mirage allows for centralized, zero-touch physical desktop management. By allowing IT to store complete copies of PCs in the datacenter, synchronizing user data, applications, and updates becomes seamless with reduced application conflict. Read more about Horizon Mirage here.
Horizon Workspace provides policy-controlled workspace for applications and data, making it easy to give users the freedom they demand while also reducing costs.
The full Horizon Suite is greater than the sum of its parts, allowing IT to easily provide end-users with a trouble-free, consistently great experience, wherever and however they work. Advantages include:
1. Greater flexibility: Connect end-users to data, apps and virtual desktops from any device without sacrificing IT security and control.
2. Centralized management: Take control from a single place of PC and Mac images running locally on physical endpoints and enable bring-your-own-device on Macs.
3. Accelerated performance: Virtualize applications to simplify management and reduce conflict.
4. Increased effectiveness: Improve IT operational efficiency, security, and agility through policy-based management.
5. Empowerment of end-users: Provide a consistent multi-device experience and easily enable file-sharing for greater productivity.
Want to know more about upgrading to the full VMware Horizon Suite? See more information here.