CIO.com is seeking a writer with a passion for technology to join our team of talented journalists. This person could fill either a staff writer or senior writer role, depending on your level of experience. The perfect candidate should have at least 3-7 years of full-time experience as an online writer for a news, business or consumer technology website.
We're looking for a strong, spirited writer to report and write news analysis items, blog posts and how-to content. The writer will work closely with CIO.com editors and participate in regular idea-generation meetings; stay current with news and developments in the technology sphere; and will be responsible for bringing viable story ideas to the table. He or she is also available to travel for stories and to attend and participate in industry events and conferences when necessary.
CIO.com is headquartered in Framingham, MA, but remote locations will be considered.
- Researching, writing, posting and promoting original content
- Writing compelling SEO-friendly headlines and descriptions
- Generating consistent flow of strong story ideas
- Producing newsletters
- An established track record of building online audiences and traffic generation
- Basic knowledge of HTML, XML, and CSS
- Web publishing experience a must
- A portfolio of online story clips
- Experience working with CMS tools is a must
- SEO experience preferable
- Experience covering topics such as social media, IT management, collaboration, online marketing, security, cloud computing, consumer technology