Your Complete Guide to Facebook Timeline
Whether you like it or not, Facebook Timeline is becoming mandatory. Here's CIO.com's complete guide on everything you need to know -- including first steps and privacy changes -- to help ease the transition.
Wed, January 25, 2012
Facebook announced yesterday that Timeline—its redesigned profile page—is becoming mandatory for all users. If you don't switch to Timeline on your own, Facebook will do so for you within "the next few weeks."
Facebook has been rolling out Timeline slowly since December, after first introducing it at its F8 developer conference in September. The project is one of Facebook's most ambitious and significant redesigns to date, as it seeks to become your digital scrapbook with the capability to document your life from birth to present day, and revisit old posts more easily.
While not everyone is on board with Timeline, the switch is inevitable. Here's our complete guide to Facebook Timeline, from making the switch to adjusting your privacy settings, in order to make the transition easier.
Use the drop-down menu at the top to select a Timeline topic.
- Box CEO Aaron Levie: Our future is as a platform, not a storage service
- No, DigitalOcean doesn't really compete with AWS -- and that's OK
- Google ready to unleash a flood of Android smart watches
- Eight eye-openers from Salesforce's annual report
- Microsoft sketches ambitious enhancements for Office 365