Your Complete Guide to Facebook Timeline
Whether you like it or not, Facebook Timeline is becoming mandatory. Here's CIO.com's complete guide on everything you need to know -- including first steps and privacy changes -- to help ease the transition.
Wed, January 25, 2012
Facebook announced yesterday that Timeline—its redesigned profile page—is becoming mandatory for all users. If you don't switch to Timeline on your own, Facebook will do so for you within "the next few weeks."
Facebook has been rolling out Timeline slowly since December, after first introducing it at its F8 developer conference in September. The project is one of Facebook's most ambitious and significant redesigns to date, as it seeks to become your digital scrapbook with the capability to document your life from birth to present day, and revisit old posts more easily.
While not everyone is on board with Timeline, the switch is inevitable. Here's our complete guide to Facebook Timeline, from making the switch to adjusting your privacy settings, in order to make the transition easier.
Use the drop-down menu at the top to select a Timeline topic.
- Is Your Browser Ready for Shopping Season?
- Group Files Complaint Over Google Shopping Prices, Labeling
- Online Shopping Boom Blurs the Lines Between Black Friday and Cyber Monday
- Ernst & Young: Businesses Must Prepare for End to'Golden Age' of Customer Data
- Supreme Court Leaves Online Sales Tax Question to Congress
- Quip brings its collaborative word processing app to Android
- LexisNexis found that employees who use Yammer are way happier
- What is the consumer value proposition for Windows? Good question
- Amazon's desktop-as-a-service quietly comes to the iPad
- Google gets serious about battling Amazon for the cloud