2008 Winner Profile
- Project Description: Best Buy's Remote Service Project, deployed in North America and the United Kingdom, enables more than 10,000 of its Geek Squad Agents to perform computer repair, maintenance and other services remotely, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The ability to distribute work to available technicians regardless of location has improved turnaround time for customer service requests by 31 percent, enabled agents to serve 25 percent more customers and improved redo rates by 33 percent. Best Buy also attributes an additional $6.2 million in annual sales to the system.
- Project type: Collaboration, Network, Remote Desktop Applications
- Business Functions: Research & Development/Product Development, Supply Chain/Logistics, Customer Service/Support
- Business Goal: Customer
- CIO: $model.cio100.cioFirstName Willett, CEO, Best Buy International & CIO
- CEO: Brad Anderson, Vice Chairman & CEO
- Headquarters: Richfield, Minn.
- Industry: Retail/Wholesale/Distribution
- Revenue (2007): $35.934 billion