2008 Winner Profile
- Project Description: IBM deployed its Enterprise Tagging Service (ETS) to make corporate information easier to find through the company's intranet. ETS enables employees to tag and categorize webpages according to the context, culture and language of their community, similar to the way individuals use public social-bookmarking sites. Through a variety of widgets, an employee can add tags, see their colleague's tags, and get information about related content and people. The company estimates a financial benefit of $7.5 million, which includes productivity improvements as well as the value of the information which employees access.
- Project type: Knowledge Management, Search, SOA
- Business Functions: Research & Development/Product Development, Sales
- Business Goal: Strategic /Competitive Advantage
- CIO: $model.cio100.cioFirstName Hennessy, VP & CIO
- CEO: Sam Palmisano, Chairman, President & CEO, IBM CHQ
- Headquarters: Armonk, N.Y.
- Industry: Business Services
- Revenue (2007): $98.78 billion