2009 Winner Profile
- Project Description: The healthcare organization replaced nine electronic and two paper systems with one integrated EMR system across eight hospitals and 130 physician practices. The system not only includes patient history, physician documentation and billing, it also provides access for patients to schedule appointments, see their medical history and to interact online with their doctor. Carilion reports that more than 35 million data elements from 780,000 medical records were input into the new system before launch, and that its entire organization will be online by mid-2010.
- Project type: BPM, Document Management, Databases
- Business Functions: Patient care, safety & efficiency , Customer service/support
- Business Goal: Social
- CIO: $model.cio100.cioFirstName Barchi, SVP & CIO
- CEO: Edward Murphy, President & CEO
- Headquarters: Roanoke, Va.
- Industry: Health Care
- Revenue (2008): $2.7 billion