2009 Winner Profile
Reed Technology & Information Services
- Project Description: Reed, an electronic content services provider, created a project prioritization methodology for its technical management teams. New project requirements are routed through an approval process that ensures the development of comprehensive documents which include fully formed business justifications. The methodology has improved business prioritization as well as project delivery time. Integrating Boston Consulting Group matrix methodologies and a suite of Microsoft project management tools, the platform calculates a project's financial impact along with its value to business unit leaders and force-ranks all projects within the system. Using a sample of 10 projects during the 2009 budget planning cycle, RTIS says it identified more than $500,000 in savings.
- Project type: BPM, CRM, ERP
- Business Functions: Accounting & finance, IT operations
- Business Goal: Operational
- CIO: $model.cio100.cioFirstName Ballai, VP, Operations & Technology Services
- CEO: Sam Hardman, President
- Headquarters: Horsham, Penn.
- Industry: Business Services
- Website: www.LexisNexis.com