2009 Winner Profile
Chester County Hospital
- Project Description: Chester County Hospital used Business Process Management to automate processes such as patient evaluation, medical record documentation and clinician notification. The hospital claims to be among the first patient care organizations to apply BPM to health care delivery. For example, the hospital has reduced nurses' workloads by eliminating the need for them to manually send 354,000 text pages to the in-house beeper system and 160,000 text-to-speech telephone calls. The hospital reports care providers now have more time to focus on patient care. One result: The rates of infections that patients acquire in the hospital has dropped by as much as 60 percent.
- Project type: BPM, BI, Databases
- Business Functions: Clinical care process management
- Business Goal: Social
- CIO: $model.cio100.cioFirstName Hess, VP, Information Management
- CEO: Perry Pepper, President & CEO
- Headquarters: West Chester, Penn.
- Industry: Health Care
- Revenue (2008): $190 million