2010 Winner Profile
- Project Description: In 17 months, JetBlue completely replaced its loyalty program and its primary reservation, inventory and departure systems. The company adopted the Sabre reservation platform and partnered with loyalty-services firm Comarch, then integrated the two. Customers can now earn blackout-free miles based on how much they spend with the carrier. And Sabre has made JetBlue tickets, previously for sale only at jetblue.com, more widely available. It's predicted that the new setup, called the Customer Service System, will bring in $50 million in ancillary revenue this year, effectively paying for the upgrade.
- Project type: Business Process Management (BPM), Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Business Functions: Inventory management, Sales, Customer service/support
- Business Goal: Strategic/Competitive Advantage
- CIO: Joseph Eng, EVP & CIO
- CEO: David Barger, CEO, President & Director
- Headquarters: Forest Hills, N.Y.
- Industry: Transportation
- Revenue (2009): $3.3 billion