2012 Winner Profile
AT&T Services, Inc.
- Project Description: AT&T created the Retail Customer Experience program to help its 26,000 employees at 2,300 retail stores deliver the best customer experience possible. This suite of interactive tools consists of: the Welcome Center, which registers customers as they arrive and relays personal account data to a store associate; a Touchscreen Solution Center, where customers can explore, research and perform price comparisons, as well as receive interactive product demonstrations; a One Point of Universal Service (OPUS) Mobile device application, which wirelessly routes detailed account customer information to store associates and allows them to complete wireless upgrades and activations on a tablet; and an interactive text message survey that measures customer satisfaction. Together, these tools help AT&Ts sales staff improve the customer experience in real time by placing personalized customer data at their fingertips.
- Project type: Customer Service or Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Business Functions: Marketing, Sales, Customer Service and Support
- Business Goal: Customer
- CIO: Thaddeus Arroyo, CIO
- CEO: Randall Stephenson, Chairman & CEO
- Headquarters: Dallas, Texas
- Industry: Telecommunications
- Revenue (2011): $126.72 billion