2012 Winner Profile
Boston Scientific Global InformationSystems
- Project Description: Boston Scientific needed a faster and less complicated way to demonstrate its products to time-strapped medical professionals. So the company equipped 4,500 of its mobile salespeople with iPads loaded with easy-to-access apps for field teams to share product information, procedure videos, price-comparison charts, product brochures and sales communication. By replacing paper brochures and anatomical models with a sales mobility program, Boston Scientific reduced costs for paper-based literature, increased sales by using digital content to differentiate products in the marketplace, enhanced interactions with physicians and improved sales productivity. The program has also improved employee engagement by demonstrating BSCs commitment to innovation with mobile tools and content.
- Project type: Cloud Computing Services or Software as a Service (SaaS), Content or Document Management, Mobile or Wireless
- Business Functions: Inventory Management, Marketing, Sales
- Business Goal: Strategic Impact or Competitive Advantage
- CIO: Rich Adduci, SVP & CIO
- CEO: Hank Kucheman, CEO
- Headquarters: Natick, Mass.
- Industry: Healthcare (e.g. Medical Services, Pharmaceutical, Biotech)
- Revenue (2011): $7.8 billion