2012 Winner Profile
- Project Description: Aiming to quickly deliver more information to its 45,000-plus mobile workforce, Deloitte LLP deployed a workforce productivity suite delivered through the Apple iPad. EDGEfolio provides employees with five apps: Travel, InCommon, DocBox, Headlines and Portfolio, all of which have consumer-grade user interfaces meant to be fun, engaging and informative. These applications deliver, in real time, personalized information such as the users schedule, updated travel itineraries, sales performance and client data. As a result, EDGEfolio has increased collaboration and productivity and given workers a strategic advantage. EDGEfolio consists of a .NET infrastructure, 5 native iOS Apps on the iPad and a custom add-in that works inside Microsoft Outlook.
- Project type: Enterprise Architecture, Mobile or Wireless, Social Media
- Business Functions: Marketing, Sales
- Business Goal: Strategic Impact or Competitive Advantage
- CIO: Larry Quinlan, CIO
- CEO: Joe Echevarria, CEO
- Headquarters: New York, N.Y.
- Industry: Financial Services (e.g. Banking, Broker orDealers, Exchanges)
- Revenue (2011): $12 billion