2012 Winner Profile
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation
- Project Description: Crossroads knowledge management Intranet was designed to promote increased communication, collaboration and connectivity among the organization's nearly 1,000 employees, most of whom are doctors and technicians working in Africa to stem the spread of HIV-AIDS. Crossroads enables employees to share healthcare best practices. It has a repository of documents stored in logical locations and tagged with keywords for quick or advanced searching. It also has sections for comments, blogs and discussions as well as areas for staff to post photos and interact, which builds relationships across cultures. To support this, the foundation upgraded office bandwidth, installed Riverbed network optimizers and developed a low-bandwidth page for faster downloads. It also enabled French and Portuguese staff to access Crossroads in their own languages. By fostering increased interaction, Crossroads has increased program and operational efficiency.
- Project type: Business Intelligence, Collaboration Tools, Social Media
- Business Functions: Customer Service and Support
- Business Goal: Operational
- CIO: Mark Reilley, Director of IT
- CEO: Charles Lyons, President & CEO
- Headquarters: Washington, D.C.
- Industry: Healthcare (e.g. Medical Services, Pharmaceutical, Biotech)
- Revenue (2011): $149 million