2012 Winner Profile
- Project Description: In 2010, Vanguard launched its Web 2.0 program for financial advisor clients to position itself as the place of "first resort" for advisors to find information to better serve their end clients. Vanguard reengineered its website, created new mobile tools and launched a social media effort for its growing financial advisor business, helping grow and support its Financial Advisor Services business and increase client loyalty among its financial advisor clients (who invest an astonishing $520 billion in assets in Vanguard funds). Client use of mobile apps, Web tools and social media is impressive since the redesign. Overall traffic to the Advisor's site is up 19 percent from 2010. Vanguards innovative Web 2.0 push has shown that technology is a great complement to its sales team. Vanguard data shows that coupling Web usage with a face-to-face sales visit results in an additional 20 percent gain in intent to purchase.
- Project type: Collaboration Tools, Customer Service or Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Mobile or Wireless
- Business Functions: Asset Management and Maintenance, Sales, Customer Service and Support
- Business Goal: Operational
- CIO: John Marcante, CIO
- CEO: Bill McNabb, President & CEO
- Headquarters: Malvern, Pa.
- Industry: Financial Services (e.g. Banking, Broker or Dealers, Exchanges)
- Revenue (2011): $2.6 billion