2013 Winner Profile
Health Decisions, Inc.
- Project Description: The Health Decisions Adaptive Monitoring Project is a new approach to monitoring clinical studies. The adaptive monitoring system ensures patient safety and data quality while identifying areas of weakness in the study or at clinical sites early in the process. Adaptive monitoring deals with operational metrics on a day-to-day basis, without waiting for scheduled reviews of patient data. Because study teams can access constant flows of meaningful metrics in near-real time, they can respond more quickly to emerging problems-often finding issues before they become serious. As a result, drug and device developers benefit from better-quality data, more efficient use of resources, and substantially shorter program cycles. In some cases, Health Decisions' adaptive monitoring has reduced monitoring costs by more than 50 percent while ensuring high data quality.
- Project type: Business Process Management, Content or Document Management
- Business Functions: Research & Development, Product Development
- Business Goal: Strategic Impact or Competitive Advantage
- CIO: Wendy Hessenthaler, Manager of IT Product Development
- CEO: Michael Rosenberg, CEO
- Headquarters: Durham, N.C.
- Industry: Healthcare (e.g. Medical Services, Pharmaceutical, Biotech)