2013 Winner Profile
Hillel: The Foundation for Jewish Campus Life
- Project Description: To double the number of Jewish students who are involved in Jewish life and who have meaningful Jewish experiences, Hillel, a Jewish campus outreach organization, developed REACH, a custom system that evaluates program success based on students' Jewish growth rather than on the number of participants in Hillel programs. REACH is an online application for student interns and staff to track developing relationships with Jewish students on campus. The system lets Hillel assess, in real time, the progress of interns and staff toward their goals and the impact the peer engagement initiatives are having on one campus or multiple campuses. Since its implementation in 2010, Hillel has raised student enrollment in REACH by over 1,000 percent-from 6,000 to 88,000 students.
- Project type: Customer Service or Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Mobile or Wireless, Social Media
- Business Functions: Other
- Business Goal: Strategic Impact or Competitive Advantage
- CIO: Matthew Braman, VP of IT & Administration
- CEO: Wayne Firestone, President
- Headquarters: Washington, D.C.
- Industry: Nonprofit
- Revenue (2012): $90 million