iTunes is offering a $5 movie each day during the month of July. Here’s how you can get some cheap blockbuster movies.
Eye on Apple
By Jim Lynch, CIO
iTunes sometimes has some very good deals on music, apps, and movies. During the month of July the iTunes movie store is offering one movie per day for just $5. And some of the movies being offered are blockbusters that should have a place in the collection of any film buff.
I opened the iTunes app on my Mac today and went into the movie store. Sure enough, I found the popular movie Dances With Wolves for just $5. That’s a very good deal for such a film, even if it’s not a recent release.
How to get cheap movies in iTunes on the Mac in July
Here’s how you can snag your $5 movie each day during the month of July in iTunes on your Mac.
1. Open the iTunes app on your Mac.
2. Click on Movies in the drop down menu at the top, on the left.
3. Click on iTunes Store.
4. Look for the Blockbuster July graphic at the top and click it.
5. You’ll see the day’s $5 movie.
6. Click the Buy button to get your movie.
Check each day for the rest of July to see what the movie of the day is for $5.
How to get cheap movies in iTunes on your iOS device
You can also buy the $5 movies on your iOS device, and here’s how to do it.
1. Open the iTunes app on your iOS device.
2. Tap on the Movies tab at the bottom of your screen.
3. Look for the Blockbuster July graphic at the top and tap on it.
4. You’ll see the day’s $5 movie.
5. Tap the Buy button to purchase the movie.
Thanks Apple: $5 is a great price for films
I’ll be keeping a close eye on the films being offered for the rest of July in the iTunes movie store. $5 is about as cheap as it gets for feature films, so I’ll snag any films that I like and add them to my collection.
I wouldn’t mind if Apple made the $5 iTunes movie an ongoing thing. Think of how many movies you could accumulate over the course of a year if they did!
$5 is cheap enough to make any movie buff happy. Thanks Apple!
Did you miss a post? Check the Eye On Apple home page to get caught up with the latest news, discussions and rumors about Apple.