A guide to outsourcing in Russia.
- Overall Ranking: Challenging
- Average 2nd Year Programmer
Salary: $10,000 to $15,000
- Geopolitical Risk: Moderate
- English Proficency: Poor
- Pros: Highly skilled labor pool
offering boutique approach to outsourcing. Specializes
in complex modeling and creative problem solving.
Hourly rates as low as India.
- Cons: Ranked 39th out of 40 on
business environment metrics, according to A.T.
Kearney. Costs rising. Poor infrastructure and
security. English and Western European language profi
ciency lacking. Project management skills low. World’s
worst for piracy, according to the International
Intellectual Property Alliance.
MORE ON CIO.COM