A guide to outsourcing in the Philippines.
- Overall Ranking: Challenging
- Average 2nd Year Programmer
Salary: $5,000 to $10,000
- Geopolitical Risk: High
- English Proficency: Very Good
- Pros: Ranked fourth overall by A.T. Kearney,
due largely to language skills (English with
American accents), Western cultural literacy
and exposure to global business. Tied with
Ghana for the world’s best financial incentives
for attracting IT business. Bandwidth
high compared to neighbors. Years of experience
with standard BPO projects, earning
country about $1 billion annually.
- Cons: Continued political instability and
infrastructure weaknesses. Low IT process
maturity. CMM, Six Sigma and other
process certifications not followed until
recently. On IIPA priority watch list.
MORE ON CIO.COM