As many of you are aware, Stuart Scott, who was fired from his post as CIO of Microsoft earlier this month, began a new job as COO of mortgage lender Taylor, Bean & Whitaker on Monday of this week.
I’ve spent the last two days getting recruiters’ takes on Scott’s new job. Some think it’s a good move. Others don’t think the job or the move are all they’re cracked up to be.
Since I’ve written five stories about or inspired by Stuart Scott over the past month, I wanted to list them all here, for your reference. To fill out the picture, I’ve included in this list stories from the IDG News Service, from my colleagues, and an Advice & Opinion post from a reader.
- Microsoft Fires Stuart Scott
- Recruiters: Microsoft Should Seek Internal Candidate to Replace Ousted CIO
- Get Your Lawyer: Executives Under Investigation Should Seek Separation, Not a Fight
- CIO Departures Usually Quieter than Microsoft’s Ax of Stuart Scott
- Where is Stuart Scott?
- A reader’s take on the Stuart Scott – Microsoft controversy
- You’re Fired: What a High Profile Termination Means to a Career and Tips for Rebounding from Controversy
- Ex-Microsoft CIO Stuart Scott Lands at Mortgage Lender
- Ousted Microsoft CIO Stuart Scott Rebounds Quickly
- Some Recruiters Skeptical of Stuart Scott’s New Job with Mortgage Company