Shown below are some tips on healthy and happy living (a plagiarized list with few changes)
… being mindful of this list or some small portion of this list, and keeping it front & center each day moves one further down this road …
- Drink plenty of water.
- Sit in Vajrasana, Thunderbolt or Zen Pose for at least 10 minutes each day, either in the morning or at night, and sit in silence.
- Sleep for 7 to 8 hours each night.
- Make time to exercise & stretch daily; Take a 10-30 mins walk, and keep a Smile on your face.
- Make time to meditate.
- Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.
- Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants, and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
- Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
- Don’t have negative thoughts or worry about things you cannot control. Invest your energy in the present moment; Be & Think positive.
- Maintain a balance in life.
- Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
- Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip.
- Dream big … But do not day-dream, just work and work hard.
- Envy is a waste of time. Be happy with what you have; Live within your means.
- Forget issues of the past. Don’t remind your partner of their mistakes of the past – it will only rain unhappiness.
- Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
- Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Be open, be happy.
- No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
- Realize that life is a school & you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear & fade away like an algebra class but the lessons learnt will last a lifetime.
- You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
- Smile and laugh more.
- Call your family often.
- Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your family and friends will. Stay in touch.
- Each day give something good to others.
- Forgive everyone for everything.
- Spend time w/ people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.
- Try to make at least three people smile each day.
- What other people think of you is none of your business.
- Be Patient
- Expand your horizons and knowledge – Read more books than you did the year before.
- Do the right thing.
- Have good, positive, happy thoughts – maintain this perspective come rain or shine.
- Have faith, and keep faith.
- However good or bad a situation is, it will change; do not get over exuberant or too anxious.
- No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
- When you wake up in the morning, count your Blessings and thank GOD for another day.
- Your inner most is always happy, so make sure to keep your outer self happy.
- Enjoy the moment, enjoy each and every day … as it will never come back
Last but not the least:
- Live Life with the 3 E’s & a L — Energy, Enthusiasm, Empathy, and Laughter (laughter is the best medicine)