The Modern enterprise needs to use tools that are secure, easy to access and maintain while supporting complex functions in a fast-moving business environment. One stand out need driving much attention is the need to provide secure modern working to users accompanied by a high quality user experience. These two opposing forces typically create a problem in delivery.
A significant element to assist with this strategy is the adoption of Secure Access Service Edge (SASE). This addresses two of the largest challenges facing IT leaders today. Enablis who is a leading Managed Security Service Provider works with businesses, such as the IVE Group, who needed to support hybrid workforces to work securely from any location. SASE uses modern security tools and methods to support IT Teams as they navigate these challenging changes to their user’s needs.
IVE Group is a leading ASX listed Australian holistic marketing services provider. Success comes through a laser focus on the needs of its customers, including a significant focus on the protection and security of customer information and data.
“We have a very diverse and complex business. Strong security is critical to IVE’s success. Our clients, whether they use our data driven marketing and communications services or our diverse production and digital services, demand the best possible protection for their data and we have led the industry on our security capabilities,” explains Paul McMaster IVE Group’s General Manager Group IT.
“IVE historically had very old-school tight controls around network access, other than a handful of essential VPNs, we have not allowed any access to our network remotely.”
“At the start of the pandemic, we were extremely challenged with needing to quickly provide a suddenly remote workforce with the ability to work from home.”
“We deployed a Remote Desktop Protocol solution to enable users to access their computers at work, air-gapped from their home PC, but this raised big issues with our large fleet of notebook users. This left notebook users without the ability to access key BAU files in network shares, as well as a raft of services and applications that were only delivered when people we directly connected to the network,” commented, Paul.
“Whilst a number of key systems were already available over Citrix, one of the key issues that developed was an explosion in the use of cloud based file storage solutions, like OneDrive, to keep and share documents internally and with customers, against our longstanding policy of documents only being saved and tightly controlled in our on-prem network file servers.”
“We couldn’t resist this tide of shadow IT, as it was out of business necessity that our people were adapting – we had no other solutions available to provide our people with the access they needed.”
“We needed to rethink our approach to network security and needed our network security solutions to enable us to work efficiently and effectively at all times from any location, rather than get in the way,” added Paul.
What is SASE?
Businesses now rely on cloud-based applications and services – SASE is a blueprint architecture that converges networking and security services into a single cloud native service.
- Prisma Access – SASE is a cloud-delivered suite of security technologies that are made for 21st century organisations by Palo Alto Networks leveraging their best of breed Zero Trust framework technology
- The end user experience is seamless with new self-serve Autonomous Digital Experience management (ADEM) – proactively notifying end-users about app issues
- SASE adheres to a comprehensive Zero Trust Network Access framework approach while also greatly simplifying traditional complexity through vendor consolidation.
- SASE ensures every device connection or request to access information is verified
- Enables seamless and secure connectivity to all applications from anywhere
- Is cloud ready – allowing IVE to have a more dynamic application strategy in the future is desired and allows consistent and compliant security policies across all user types in the organisation
- SASE is not another vendor-led point solution – it is a comprehensive framework that protects corporate data through a holistic approach that is made to counter the threats and risks faced by businesses today
- This is why so many companies are looking at SASE to enhance their security posture and adopt a security platform that allows future migration capabilities to cloud applications and continued digitisation programs.
- The shift to SASE is well underway, with Gartner predicting that by 2025, at least 60% of enterprises will have explicit strategies and timelines for SASE adoption
Security built for the future
Unlike legacy security tools that only protect against specific risks, SASE takes a more strategic approach. Because the platform is delivered through the cloud, it runs 24/7/365 and adapts to your changing business needs.
SASE is flexible – if you need to rapidly pivot to a new service to take advantage of a new opportunity, you can do it with the assurance that your security platform can adapt with you.
“As Enablis were already providing us with business-critical networks they were ideally placed to help us deliver a secure modern remote working roadmap. Enablis’ team of experts helped us design and implement a Zero Trust framework that supported our remote access needs without compromising network security.”
“The deployment of Prisma Access across our business was extremely quick and efficient, our people were able to access all the systems we needed and we were confident that our network security posture was maintained. The feedback from our user base was excellent in terms of seamless access being delivered,” said Paul.
The partnership between IVE Group and Enablis has delivered an industry leading SASE platform that secures IVE Group’s critical assets while allowing it to focus its skills and energy on its clients.
Want to understand more about SASE and how it can future proof your business and security needs, click here.
- Receive expert analysis to improve your network security architecture and boost ROI
- Understand how to secure your network and receive a SASE roadmap